Vancouver, BC — LifeSciences BC has announced the recipients of the 18th Annual LifeSciences BC Awards, presented by FARRIS. The awards are presented annually to recognize talented individuals, outstanding clinical research and inspiring companies, who have made an extraordinary contribution to research and organizational achievement in B.C.’s life sciences sector.
The 2016 winners are:
– Dr. Christoph Borchers – Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence
– Dr. Randy Gascoyne – Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize
– Dr. Victor Ling – Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement
– Dr. Richard Glickman – Milton Wong Award for Leadership
– Jonathan Kallner – Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year
– The Friedman Lab – Award for Clinical Research Excellence
– Aequus Pharmaceuticals Inc. – Growth Stage Life Sciences Company of the Year
– Precision NanoSystems, Inc. – Growth Stage Medtech Company of the Year
– Arbutus Biopharma Corporation – Deal of the Year
– Zymeworks Inc. – Life Sciences Company of the Year
“We are extremely fortunate to have such a strong and vibrant life science community to select this year’s winners from,” said Paul Drohan, president & CEO of LifeSciences BC. “It is a rich pool of highly skilled talent, which makes our selection a difficult task, but once decided, it is a proud cross section of our community’s depth of innovation and knowledge-based resources.”
The award winners will be recognized at this year’s annual dinner presented by FARRIS, held on April 21, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. Special guests from the BC Legislature in attendance will be cabinet ministers, Amrik Virk, BC minister of technology innovation and citizens’ services and Dr. Terry Lake, BC minister of health.