Vancouver, BC – British Columbia’s life sciences industry last week saluted the winners of 17th Annual LifeSciences BC Awards, which are presented each year to leading companies and scientists in the province to celebrate their accomplishments.
This year’s winners are:
- Life Sciences Company of the Year – STEMCELL Technologies Inc. – Dr. Allen Eaves, Founder, President & CEO to accept award on behalf of STEMCELL
- Medical Technology Company of the Year – Kardium Inc. – Doug Goertzen, CEO, to accept award on behalf of Kardium
- Growth Stage Company of the Year – Qu Biologics Inc. – Dr. Hal Gunn, Co-Founder and CEO, to accept award on behalf of Qu Biologics
- Clinical Research Excellence Award – Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDs – Dr. Julio Montaner, Director, to accept award on behalf of British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDs
- Genome British Columbia Award for Scientific Excellence – Dr. Mel Krajden, to receive award
- Dr. Milton Wong Award for Leadership – Dr. Pieter Cullis, to receive award
- Corporate Partner/Advisor of the Year – Joseph Garcia, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement – Dr. Simon Sutcliffe, Adjunct Clinical Professor, UBC, Associate Scientist, Michael Smith Genome Science Centre, BC Cancer Agency
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize – Dr. Adeera Levin, Head Division of Nephrology, UBC, Executive Director BC Provincial Agency
“This year’s award winners are an extremely accomplished and dedicated group of individuals who have devoted their lives to the betterment of others,” said Paul Drohan, president & CEO of LifeSciences BC.
“These awards celebrate excellence within our province.” said Amrik Virk, minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services. “I am proud that B.C. is home to amazing people and incredible accomplishments, leading the future of science and technology.”