Toronto, ON- EcoLog Events, Business Information Group’s Environment Division, is presenting a seminar entitled Ontario’s New Accessibility Standards – Are You in Compliance? The seminar takes place on Tuesday, March 6, from 8:00 am – 11:00 am at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Toronto.
As of January 1, 2012, Ontario’s provincial government has developed mandatory accessibility standards that identify, remove and prevent barriers for persons with disabilities in everyday living.
Every business inOntarioproviding goods and/or services is required to have an accessibility plan in place that addresses customer service, including trained employees. The seminar will cover the practical information and tools needed to comply with these new requirements, including:
- How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) Customer Service Standard;
- How to avoid costly penalties and fines for non-compliance;
- How to develop an accessibility plan that identifies how your organization will provide service to customers with disabilities; and
- How to provide emergency response information to workers with disabilities (as per the Integrated Accessibility Standards that took effect January 1, 2012).
Speakers will include:
- David Crocker, Davis LLP;
- Olga Dosis, BA, MA (Psych.), M.A. (CDS), Optimal Performance Consultants; and
- Speaker to be named, Accessibility Directorate of Ontario, Ministry of Community and Social Services
For more information visit: www.ecologevents.com/accessibility or call (416) 510-6867.