Toronto, ON – The Ontario government has begun announcing the recipients of the latest (the 4th) round of funding in its Early Researchers Award program.
In total, 66 projects across the province worth $9.24 million will receive funding from the program. Today, the government released details of successful projects at McMaster University, eight projects that will share $1,120,000 in funding.
The successful researchers and project titles at McMaster are as follows:
– Dr Brian Kenneth Coombes, Studying Intestinal Pathogens;
– Dr Mohit Bhandari, Alternative Implants for the Treatment of Hip Fractures;
– Dr Greg Slater, Radiocarbon Analysis for Organic Contaminants;
– Dr Anne Frances Klassen, Understanding the Caregiving Process for Immigrant Parents of Children with Cancer;
– Dr Andrew Knights, Building a Better Silicon Chip;
– Dr Bartosz Protas, Math Modeling, Theory and Advanced Manufacturing
– Dr Megumi Harada, The Geometry of Classical and Quantum Physics; and
– Dr Xu-Dong Zhu, Studying DNA Sequences in Cancer Cells.
The full list will be made available on July 28, 2008 on the government’s website at http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/english/programs/era/program.asp.