Vancouver, BC – Alcan is partnering with the University of British Columbia (UBC) to designate an Alcan chair in advanced process engineering. The five-year commitment of $50,000 in annual contributions will aid in the continued development of the UBC’s current teaching and research activity in material process engineering, specializing on aluminum.
The partnership will provide for:
– a research program dedicated to the agreed upon research area, and conduct research to advance the next generation of technological innovation in that area;
– the supervision of graduate students working in the specified area of research;
– an undergraduate and graduate courses;
– a support laboratory and/or travel expenses related to the research;
– the solicitation and application for matching funds;
– the engagement in collaborative research with faculty across UBC, at partner universities world-wide, and with sponsor personnel, as appropriate; and
– a stipend for a senior and/or junior chair holder.