Regina, SK – Twenty-seven livestock and forage research projects are receiving a total of $4.2 million in funding from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Saskatchewan Agriculture Development Fund.
Among other topics, projects receiving funding will:
- Develop new vaccines;
- Improve yield and marbling in beef cattle;
- Develop new, sustainable forage legumes;
- Improve fertility and reproductive efficiency in livestock;
- Research the effect ergot-contaminated feed has on cow-calf operations; and
- Develop feed for optimum performance in livestock.
A detailed list of projects being funded can be found here.